Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloweeeeeeen!

From early in the morning until late at night it was a fun Halloween.

1

Music friends... music!  Because I sang this out loud every time I saw her in this...  My Girl is truly sunshine on a cloudy day!  (missing teeth and all)

2

Okay, I'm now renting my backyard for photos if you need a fall background.  Seriously... thank you tree for being perfect right on time.  You glowed  (and so did my eleven year old)


12

My rainbow...

3 collage

I can't get enough of this tree that I call the birthday tree.  Scott says we have to cut her down if we ever want grass.  I say a carpet of grass is overrated.  She's got memories stored up in her trunk.  She's sheltered my girls birthday parties.  She became a fairy forest, an art studio, a mermaid lagoon.  She held a tea party.  Riley has climbed her.  I've pushed my little girls on a swing she's held more times than I could count.   She's lived here way longer than me and she's staying... like forever!

IMG_5577

IMG_5576

Okay, back to Halloween!

4

5

It was like 50 out and it felt like 20 to me... I don't know how she did it!

13

Anna wore a ballet recital dress I wore when I was her age.  We were cleaning out the cedar closet in September and she tried it on... perfect fit!

12

This one is for Cindy who tells me to show more of Abigail's 'real side' on the blog.  How's this Cindy?  She's sweet but sassy too!  And sooooo much fun on Halloween!

6

Rainbow Connection 

7

"Get the tiara mama"

10

My favorite of Anna that night!

11

Oh and little nails painted shiny red... does it get any better than that?

8

14

She wanted to trick or treat in my heals but only made it to one house.  Good thing Daddy was secretly carrying real shoes in a bag "just in case"

15 collage

Love her!

16

17

After school we drive straight to Grandma and Grandpas because that's the BEST place to trick or treat!

18

See Abigail's baby?  Yes, she made that!  Love a girl who loves her baby still!  (yes, it's the same baby) 

19

Back at our house we eat Trick or Treaters Taco Soup (it's a tradition) and then she cries about having to choose which baby to carry trick or treating.  (that's a tradition too)

20

But she recovers quickly and thankfully chooses quickly too!

21

Let the fun begin!

22

23

24

25

26

Our neighborhood used to be awful on Halloween but I've watched it turn into magic on Halloween a little bit every year.  My love of all holidays must be rubbing off on them all.

27

As good as it was I was tearing down jack o lanterns and packing up Halloween picture books as soon as we walked in the door. I'm always to happy to move on to the next holiday... especially when it involves my moms feast. It may be weeks away but we're already celebrating Thanksgiving here!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfectly perfect, my friend...
    Your ladies looked wonderful!!!!
    And...you know I was doing the exact same thing with my decorations too, : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Abigail's rainbow costume! :)
    Anna looks amazing too - that dress suits her very well.
    PS. heels* not heals ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and adorable costumes...even baby doll's!!

    The tree is gorgeous. We don't have color like that in TX. Some trees never drop there leaves..so we do have green year round. The ones that do drop, they go pea-green to brown and then on the ground ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I love the doll costume!! So cute!
    Your girls look so cute. I am happy you had a wonderful Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming over from Billie Jo's! LOVE the rainbow costume, I "pinned" it!!!

    Your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete