Thursday, September 8, 2016

Our Home ~ September

A lot of apples, a few pumpkins and a fresh new feeling in our space.

Here is our 'Back to School' house

1

We'll start in the family room with an apple picking puzzle

2

and some fun back to school books.

3

No matter how 'old' they get, I'll always put them out.

4

The girls are playing this

5

6

And I love this

7

oh Brambley Hedge books... swoon

8

36

Abigail helped me one day create this

9

10

11

12

13

34

A 'come down the stairs' reminder to my girls... because there's always someone new in school.

14

Classics that I can never seem to change

collage 15 16

28

collage 29 30

17

18

19

20

21

collage 23 24

collage 27 22

Apples on the tree

25

And my favorite fall tea

26

32

33

I couldn't decide what pumpkins Peter liked better

31

but these I think

35

This to welcome Anna home

37

38

and the way it looks looking in

39

Some has already changed. Some of the things in our home and some of the weather. We're at the finicky part of weather here in Connecticut. Yesterday the girls wore sweaters to school. Today they were dressed in what they wore in Hawaii. But soon. Soon all of our days will be crisp. And leaves will change. And they will crunch under my feet. And it will be such a wonderful time of year.





2 comments:

  1. I love it all especially the last picture....
    I feel,the same way about bring our books out, no matter how old they are the same books will be brought out...even if it's just for me.
    Love your mantle and you know I love all your garlands. I need to see your stash of garland one day...total garland envy here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, Magical. That was the word that ran through my mind the entire time I scrolled...and rescrolled through this beautiful post.
    Your September home is perfect.
    Every little touch!
    The mantle!!!!
    The books!
    Your September tree and your lights that will glow brighter as the days grow shorter and the cozy darkness comes sooner!
    I adore this.
    And you!
    Happy September!

    ReplyDelete