Thursday, June 11, 2020

Locally Sourced Produce - its all in the details

Today was a challenging day distance teaching because I was taught 4 groups of my 4th graders on racism. I was nervous and even tossed and turned all night thinking about it. I prepared. I had my notes. I had a lovely picture book. But still - I'm their teacher and they think that what I say is perfectly right; I'm their teacher after all. No pressure, ha! And of course I know that there is no way I could get it "perfectly right". But still I prayed, prepared, and taught.

And do you know what? From my screen into theirs magic happened. I started conversations and they joined in with the most beautiful responses. Children are amazing and resilient and I fought back tears as they taught me.

Well, after that day, I was kind of emotionally exhausted - had to deal with a few things at home - and a lost delivery of a package - you know, normal stuff - when Abigail asked me

"Mama, can you do a photoshoot of my Farmhouse Restaurant"? I was so not in the mood.

But she reminded me that our family blog holds all of the memories and all of the things that we love, and that if we skip this then it could be forgotten some day.

So I got out my camera knowing that there is the shortest of windows left for Abigail to want me to take pictures of her new American Girl restaurant. So I did.

I love you Abigail Mei. And I love that you still love all of this - - so these pictures are for you, so that one day when you scroll through, you can remember.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14'

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

And there you have it - If you want to see much better pictures of what it looks like without a tired mama taking the photos, click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment