Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Things We'll Keep (2) - Gardening

Things We'll Keep explanation is here

garden june 8

Sunday morning goes something like this:

5:45 am - I wake up in the early quiet house. I put up the shades and walk down the stairs. I notice the kitchen table has already been set and I remember that our brunch is coming soon. Ahhhh.

6:00 am - 7:00 am is my workout and quiet time with the Lord. Sometimes my workout is that whole hour - I'm always happy when my I've scheduled my workout to be shorter on Sunday so I can have my quiet time.

7:00 am - Scott and I go outside for our early Sunday morning date. It's a date in our gardens. Now, I don't have a huge yard. I live in a town that has streets with rows of houses, neighborhoods. I dream of someday having a home with a loooooong winding driveway far away from other houses. But where we live now is convenient and there could be a whole long post on why we live in the diverse, wonderful town we live in, but that's not for now. But I still call them my 'gardens' because it feels so much more lovely to me.

7:00 am - 8:30 am - Scott and I work in the garden. We've been working on our yard so much since we first had to stay home starting in mid March. It's been lovely to see spring and now almost early summer. It's been wonderful to have the time to spend in our yard. We've transplanted trees, planted perennials. We've mulched, and pulled weeds. It's so different this year with time and whole lot of love.

At 7:00 am our neighborhood is so quiet. There are a few runners that go down the street - it kind of feels like we have the whole world to ourselves. So we spend out time out there while the girls are still sleeping, just working away in the gardens. We do a lot of physical work but also plan out what our garden dreams will be - what we will plant in the fall, what we want to change or plant next year. And yes, we've had these Sunday morning dates every Sunday since March.

It's so so lovely. And of course we'll have to find another way to have our date when winter comes along but I'm hoping that we continue long into the late fall, just working away on our yard.

By 7:00 am the sun is already up we it still casts it's early morning glow on our fence and grass. I look forward to working in the garden all week. Just Scott and I.

garden june 4

garden june 11

garden june 5

garden jun 7

garden june 1

garden june 2

garden june 3

garden june 6

garden june 7

garden june 8

garden june 9

garden june 10

garden june 11





1 comment:

  1. Your yard looks so pretty! I love gardening and it's so nice to see how pretty yours looks.

    ReplyDelete