Thursday, June 18, 2020

The Not Normal Last Day of School

Today was our last day of school.

It was so different.

I don't have a 'grand' post with lots of pictures like I usually do - yet. But when I get the chance I will post them.

For now I don't want to forget how I'm feeling.

This week I felt sort of 'off'.

I knew exactly why.

It was the last week of school and instead of being in my classroom I was home.

Sure, home is great! If you've read this blog for more than a minute you know I love home. And I cherished my 13 years out of the classroom.

But home when we were 'supposed to' be in school was just plain hard.

On March 13th I left my classroom and started the journey of Distance Learning and Distance Teaching.

Between that date and today I held over ... ready for this???

OVER {five hundred and thirty five} google meets.

535!!!!

As strange as this week felt for me today was still magical.

There was a parade at school and I got to see (like in person) since March my kids!!! We all had masks on and there were no hugs but I still got to see them.

I am too tired right now to get it all down here - and I will take the time to do that soon.

I just want to remember this day - the amazing emails from parents telling me what I did in their child's life - the letters - the cards

and I just want to remember feeling so grateful for the love for children and the heart for education that God placed in me.

There is no career like a teaching career. If you're reading this and you've ever thought about becoming a teacher -- do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment