Wednesday, April 27, 2016

We Did Nothing

I pulled into my garage on Friday afternoon after picking Abigail up at school and didn't leave again until Monday morning when I drove her to school. Otherwise known as THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!

2

Scott stopped at a bookstore and brought home some non-fiction for the girls.

3

Anna and science lately. Biology, cells, genes, the periodic table of elements... she can NOT get enough! She squealed when this book came with a periodic table of the elements poster inside. Asked if I could laminate it for her room.

4

5

I love cleaning. Last weekend we deep cleaned the girls rooms. Curtains down, washed, ironed. Rug up, hard wood washed, windows open, kinda cleaned.

6

"The ordinary arts we practice everyday at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest" Thomas Moore

23

I decided not to put back the sheers around their canopy beds for a lighter, airery look for the summer.

22

7

Baby shoes from China and this poem I love

8

All washed pretty again

9

books that are too far if they're in the chapter book library (in the playroom)

10

I wish I had pictures of my little bookcase and my bedroom from growing up. I can still see it all in my mind but I wish I could show the girls.

11

12

... because you're never too old for fairy tales

13

Letters down, ribbon washed, letters back up

24

Polished this little silver baby brush and comb. If I took my time taking the photo you could see Abigail Mei, May 18, 2007 engraved in it.

"Have nothing in your homes you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."  (William Morris) Oh how I looooove the beautiful.

25

Their favorite part of deep cleaning is putting everything back. And finding new places for things. Like her tea party bistro set under her desk.

26

Teapot's on, cups are waiting
Favorite chairs, Anticipating
No matter what I have to do
My friend, there's always time for you... 

A little mouse is on his way!

27

Grandpa came over with gifts

14

and made her eyes light up

15

16

17

Abigail had a fever on and off all weekend so we didn't go to Mass and instead said the rosary.

18

Scott did a lot of spring work outside

19

The earth is singing again and green is coming up all over

20

And we ended our weekend on the couch watching a movie.

21



We picked birthday party dates and planned the themes. I'm going to have a 13 year old and a 9 year old soon! Oh my heart swells!






No comments:

Post a Comment