Friday, May 4, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday ~ May is Here

We live near a beautiful rose garden. We usually go there early spring to see the tulips and then again in June for the roses. We are oh so lucky to live near this world famous 2 and a half acre rose garden. It has over 800 different kinds of roses and 15,000 plants.



Well this year we decided to enjoy an overcast but not too chilly afternoon there after school. And I brought along my camera of course. My favorite pictures of my girls are always the ones that show their unposed, genuine love for each other.

17

Abigail oozes with love for Anna. She can't help herself. Anna is her happiness. This simple snapshot shows just how Abigail feels when she's with her big sister.

15

So we spent the afternoon wandering around all of the green, oh so green gardens.

16

There was a lot of running, hugging, looking for flowers on the grass.

14

And just some time to think about spring

13

12

There were benches to climb

10

9

And secrets to tell

8

7

Little tulip petals to hold on to

6

The girls did a little people watching as another family was there taking pictures in the tulip garden.

5

And of course they had to do some posing.

4

2

1

Sometimes I just want to get home after school if Anna doesn't have any programs. I just want to get homework started, viola practiced, dinner ready, and a few more things checked off my to do list. But I'm always happy we got out to soak in spring.

3

Once again I remind myself that life is long but childhood is short. Let's go to Elizabeth Park again soon girls!

18

For more beautiful photos and for a wonderful photography teacher check out my friend Lisa's blog

the long road

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love that last shot in the arch! Very darling girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous, love the arches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara,
    You did an amazing session with the girls! This is a beautiful location..but it wouldn't matter where you decided to capture your girls because they are more beautiful than any location! LOVE how they rocked the camera!!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend:)
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty!! Love all the DC pics too!:)

    ReplyDelete