Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Big Ten Birthday Post ~ My Girls Hula Party

invi 3

invi 4

6

What can I say?  I love to plan a little girls birthday.  And even if my little girl is turning 10... she's still little to me.

And this turning 10 was a big one!  We went all out with a hula Hawaii theme. 

3

2

To tell you the truth I've always wanted her to pick a hula theme. 

1

5

I mean, come on... she's a beauty with a flower lei and a hibiscus in her long, shiny, black hair.  Her little Irish sister could never pull off this look as well...

12

13

8

So I'll let the pictures do the talking.  There sure are a lot of them.  It was a grand day.  So turn on some Hawaiian music, sip on a Hawaiian drink, and enjoy...

65

66

67

68

69

collage 70 71

11

14

collage 35 29

collage 42 50

When I was in elementary school we lived in Hawaii for a year... and instead of taking ballet or tap... I took hula.  So we did the hula of course! 

15

And even though Anna begged me not to teach her friends the hula... her face here says it all... this is fun!

16

17

19

20

72

21

22

23

24

25

26

27

28

30

There was lots of love going around that day.  And for that, I'm grateful!

31

32

Sweet cousin love. 

33

34

36

37

38

39

40

41

43

44

45

46

47

48

49

51

52

53

And when all of her friends left and all of the activities are over we have all of the extended family over for the "grandparent's party" 

54

55

56

And now instead of cupcakes that she had earlier with friends... now it's a shell cake! 

57

That whole way she's standing looks ten to me!

58

I love this girl! 

59

60

And Abigail loves her Uncle Trent!

61

Cousins!

62

63

64

collage 4 7

Happy birthday sweet Anna Jiang Qian.  Oh how filled to brim daddy, Abigail and I are with love for you. 

collage 9 10

You made me a mommy and oh Anna... you filling my arms and heart forever... a gift I could never thank you enough. 

invi 2

Happy 10th birthday sweet girl... this is going to be a great year!

Anna's 9 year old party back here

3 comments:

  1. Tara...where do I begin? This is amazing! What a wonderful, perfect day for your beautiful daughter! I loved it all...every single detail...and the pictures do indeed tell the story.

    The look on Anna's face...the joy and the happiness, and the excitement...oh my! It makes my heart smile! And the beautiful pictures of the proud mama? The love you have for your girls shines right through my screen, my friend...

    Congrats on a beautiful day ...a day your beautiful daughter will never forget. And I see the good Lord smiled upon you with beautiful weather, too!

    Sit back and relax, my friend! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are spot on, she is just so beautiful and joy is written all over her face! Happy birthday to your sweet, young lady! May God bless her abundantly throughout this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this party great job Tara. You can just see the pure joy in her face....good job mommy!
    I love looking at the pictures as well because I am still trying to figure out how it add a little hula to Juliana's Hello Kitty Hula party. Any ideas you wonderful party planner?
    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete