Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winterfest

1

It snowed all day today. It was so pretty and the best part was that it melted as soon as it hit the ground.

2

(Christmas Gingerbread theme in our kitchen... Abigail spent a lot of time in her jammies this weekend)
3

4

Scott and I are sick. I know, not good to be hit with what feels like the flu on the very same day. I'm hardly ever sick and Scott in our 16 years married has never done what he did today. He came home around 10am and went to bed til he had to go to an evening meeting. I just kept plugging along with a food shopping trip, cleaning, cooking, and laundry. Maybe I'll pay for it tomorrow. He'll be better and I'll be worse.

5

6

7

I love all of the Christmas up. As I walk around the house I make a little list though of what still needs to get decorated. Some big things like the real tree and some smaller things like, "where are those little evergreens in a pot that go on my kitchen window sill?" But I'm trying to not stress. Better yet, not to think about about it all.

This weekend my brother and his family met us for Winterfest.

11

At our CT Trolley Museum (we go there a lot in the summer) they do a fun Christmas theme. I saw it on their summer brochure and decided we should check it out... with cousins to make it all the more fun!

12

13

14

It was so much more than what I expected. A three mile trolley ride in a non enclosed 1920 trolley car... freezing... through the tunnel of lights.

15

It sure felt like Christmas.

16

And then inside the museum it was all decorated with over a hundred train sets. So cool.

17

18

And Santa.

19

20

And hot chocolate and Christmas cookies I brought for everyone.

8

9

10

Our first family fun Christmas adventure this year. It sure was a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tara...feel better soon! Both of you! Prayers your way, ok? And I am loving the Christmas posts! I love the gingerbread theme in the kitchen...so sweet...Hope you are on the mend, friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried posting once but not sure if it went through. Hope everyone is feeling much better! So much going around. Tomorrow we will be decorating, actually have a weekend at home. I've been feeling sick as well so could use the time to recoup too. Enjoy your weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO magical!! Love the cold noses:)

    ReplyDelete