Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Our Simple Christmas Mantle

"Simplicity often brings with it great joy and peace." from Simply SenseSational Christmas, Terry Willits

9


8


One of my favorite Christmas decorations is our living room mantle.  Once again it's because it is something that can't be bought.  For the two years Anna was in preschool she made with her teachers a hand print, and it was spray painted gold.  I love it on the mantle and now I have Abigail's from her preschool.  Hopefully her teachers will continue the tradition and there will be another golden hand print this year to complete our Christmas mantle.  I think they look elegant and oh so pretty. 

4

5

6

3

Above the mantle is our gorgeous oil painting of Santa.  My Dad painted it for Scott and I one Christmas early on in our marriage.  It is a treasure for sure.  I take it out just before Thanksgiving and it gets safetly tucked away on New Years.  I look forward to hanging it every year.  Each time I lift it out of the box I am thrilled... year after year. 

2

7

1 comment:

  1. Your mantle is beautiful tara!
    Love the pointsettas (sp?!) and your pillows are too cute. I would love to get christmasy pillows one year.:)
    that painting from your dad is a real treasure. What talent!!
    have a happy day tara

    ps

    can i have your address....I have a card for you!:)

    ReplyDelete