Thursday, December 22, 2011

No Matter What

Just three days before Christmas.  Just two days before a big dinner party.  While my dining room looked like this...

3

And my gifts were all wrapped... (Santa ones out of sight of course)

5

6

And my cute little wrapping "center" all finished for the season....

7

And their white leotards, skirts, and tights hanging and ready to go to Christmas Eve mass...

2

And two silk Christmas dresses ironed and stuffed with white tissue paper to prevent wrinkles

1

THIS happened to my kitchen. 

4

I thought this would be 'the year'.  The one where everything was done waaaay ahead of time.  The one where I could actually do my nails before Christmas Eve in the car on the way to church.  The one where I could feel relaxed. 

And so came the ceiling in my kitchen.  A bathroom leak and a gush of water changed all of that.  All of my ideas of 'the one....' 

And do you know what?  It doesn't matter.  I should have known.  No matter how organized.  No matter that most of the gifts were bought before Halloween; I should know by now that things happen.  Good thing everything else was done!

Ugly ceiling leak or not, Christmas will come, and I will enjoy it.  My girls will only be 8 and 4 one Christmas.  I will never get it back. 

Ugly ceiling or not a tiny baby was born to save us.  Jesus came that we may have life, and have to the full.  John 10:10

So ceiling, you didn't win.  You'll be fixed another day, but not today! 

And while ceiling dust settled over ever surface of my house I can still have a beautiful Christmas.

No matter what!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Love the attitude and great job getting everything done ~ you deserve a pat on the back for that! Hope you Christmas was magical!

    ReplyDelete