Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Reading

So we had a hurricane come near us and got the tropical storm part here with winds - still cleaning up our yard from in days later and need to get a tree service to come out for some dangerous tree damage - we had no internet yesterday but are so blessed that we never lost power. Homes around us are being told that power will be restored between 7-10 days. We really are so happy to have kept our power...

Happily reading through August. And gardening. And decorating. And enjoying my girls.

I finished the first three Anne of Green Gables novels. My favorite so far is the third: Anne of the Island.

1

I started the fourth and am loving it so far. Of course I've searched far and wide (online) for a beautiful hard cover copy of Anne of Windy Poplars but can't find one so I'm reading from our paper back collection. The entire paperback collection of all of her Anne novels were gifted to us before our trip to Prince Edward Island a few summer ago. I love them because they are worn in and so pretty that they all match but I adore my hard covers more. 🖤

2

The girls, I just noticed, are both reading nonfiction. Abigail this one (sorry it's blurry, just noticed)

3

And Anna this.

4

We are still over a month of summer to go. School starts here on September 8 and I plan on soaking up summer all of those days.

Happy reading!


2 comments:

  1. The book Anna is reading looks good. I have only read the first Anne Of Green Gabels novel...several times. I really need to read the others. This summer I reread Little Women and then read Little Men. Now I want to read Jo's Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have the slow Summer thing down to a T! Enjoy your last month, the girls start distance learning tomorrow and I'm okay with keeping them home with me just a little longer ;)

    ReplyDelete