Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Home ~ To ~ Me

Usually this week, the almost end of August time, is me in my classroom. Sweating. Setting up. Laminating. Organizing. Stressing.

But there is nothing really I can do this week in my classroom until we have our first teacher training days to see how we are going to 'open'. There will be so many changes and new rules and regualations that I just can't do anything until I know the new 'rules'. Then it will be 'game on' and I'll have a lot to do. I'm starting my 13th year in the classroom (9 years before daughters, 13 years home, 4th year back) and yet this year feels like it is the first year. I'm sure that all classroom teachers across the world feel the same way.

For now, it's all about flexibility. And patience.

And that means that I'm still home. And loving that part. I love that I still have time to decorate, sew, read, and be with my girls.

I've made a bunch of changes to the kitchen. Took off the cabinet doors under the sink and sewed a little skirt with matching curtains. I love how it breaks up all of that white in a row.

Hung a vintage fruit plate on the backsplash that makes my vintage heart so happy. Since this photo I've hung a few more.

blog 2

blog 1

blog 3

And my baking center is so happy with this new vintage toy stove. So charming; I'm in love. 💕

I've been looking for one for years and this one was in the most amazing, perfect condition, still with the original pots and pans. Adore!

1

And when there's not a real pie cooling on my pie cooling rack, this saves the place. I squealed when I saw this in a thrift store for $3. Who could ever give this strawberry cream pie away?

blog 1

blog 2

blog 3

Baking is "home" to me, and I bet many of you feel the same.💞 There are very few things I would rather do, than bake for others. It's my love language. My art. My therapist. My best girlfriend. My mother. My grandmother. My family. It's spiritual. It always takes me where love, peace and tranquility is. Baking is joy. Gratitude. Sharing love. Nothing is better for my soul than baking for my family.❣️

blog 4


1 comment: