Friday, August 14, 2020

Hours and Days and Seasons Change

Late summer 2007, Anna 4, Abigail 4 months

white dresses

Mid August it is. Something seems to happen in the middle of August each year. The weather is still very hot and yet our hearts yearn for a change. Perhaps a change of scenery -

front steps with pumpkins and mums instead of pots of flowers that need watering twice a day

sweaters instead of sleeveless

One thing around the middle of August that I don't want to change (every year I feel this way) is the unending time I have with my daughters.

Especially this year.

I have been with them every day all day and evening and night and all of the moments in between.

And I am a better person because of it.

The rhythm we've established has been sweet. Some for years and years since they were babies.

We read on the couch every day after lunch our own deep, vocabulary filled, rich books.

I read to them every day.

We started a Bible Study during our lunch time. This summer was about friendship.

Our conversations so lovely.

How I've enjoyed talking and learning with them.

Speaking forward into their lives.

This summer feels like it was a gift dropped into my lap. One I don't want to end. I stare deeply into their eyes and make a wish that the last few weeks will go by slowly.

Becoming a mother is truly the best thing I ever did. Twice. God surely loves me to have these two lovelies for my daughters!

Anna and Abigail- You are all I ever dreamed my daughters would be. Thank you for making motherhood so lovely!

And thank you for spending every moment of your summer connected to me. Thank you for trusting me and diving deep in conversation and in hearts.

What a summer we've had together. We didn't go to the ends of the world on a trip but I surely loved this time with you. I could pinch myself knowing that I get to spend my whole life with you two lovely girls.

Let's make these last three weeks wonderful. 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment