Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Books and Weather

Today was the perfect weather day. In the morning I needed a light sweater over my tee.

The windows were open and the breeze was blowing in all day.

The sun was shining and there was a hint {a tiny hint} of fall crisp in the air... the perfect weather for decorating for fall.

Abigail helped me all afternoon and was so much fun. We decorated the porch swing and shelf above, the kitchen, the baking center, the mud room, the family room and the living room. There are two huge piles for me to deal with... the kind that when you walk over them you think, "why did I do this"? Well, we know it always looks a mess before it looks better. One pile is summer waiting to be packed away. The other pile is fall spilling out of bins - things from different years that still might get used, but might now. You get the idea.

But it was so wonderful to see all of the things that I love, and to begin to get my home cozy for fall that is coming soon!

Each Wednesday in the summer I've posted what the girls and I are reading. It's been so fun doing this!

Abigail is loving this book:

1

Anna finally finished all of her summer work for her upcoming AP classes and now gets to relax and read {when she's not studying for the SAT that is on Saturday)

2

And I just started the sixth book in the lovely Anne series. I love these books!

3

Yes, this summer has been home. We didn't take our big trip but we've had so much time for beautiful days together. We have so many memories.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment