Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Perfect in Every Way

I just peeked at my post from last year on Valentines Day.  And how I loved that it was on a Sunday.  How they girls wore pink rose wrist corsages to Mass and how we went to a fancy brunch after.  I thought last year it was spectacular.  It was.  But this year was too.

But they went to school.  And I went to mine and Scott to his.  So how could it be just as good?

Because it's us.  And we're celebrating how much we love each other.

The 'day' doesn't have to have anything special in it.  It just has to have us, and our love.

So this year {again} it was perfect in every way.

40

Waking up to tons of snow on the ground IS Valentines Day to me. There's always piles of snow by mid February in Connecticut.

Despite the very tight morning schedule it was my joy to make the girls day sweet from morning til night. These were a hit!

10

11

12

Ready to walk to school (love her in white)

13

It was so hard for her to leave these at home!

14

After we waved to Anna walking down the sidewalk, it was time to get myself ready and this one out the door.

17

Soaking up the years she still has a Valentine Box to bring to school.

18

My little Valentine.

19

In the afternoon we all rushed home. Abigail and I matched all day. Poofy denim skirts.

20

We opened up sweet valentines and little gifts.

21

22

23

Anna and I matched that day too with our heart scarves.

24

While I took Anna to orchestra for an hour Scott was home cooking up a feast. And I heard about a dance party in the kitchen that he had with Abigail.

25

Pretty pretty pretty

26

Our Wednesday Valentines Day ended with the best part (which I talked about yesterday)



I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face. I love this holiday and I love us.



3 comments:

  1. Perfectly perfect.
    Your family doesn't need a special day to celebrate love.
    Your family is love.
    But a special day set aside for just for celebrating love?
    That makes it even better.
    Oh.
    Anna in white???
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clip of you and Scott dancing! Where did you find the cute "love" cactus for the girls? Don't you just love Valentine's Day clothes...pink, red and hearts...💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt!! Wherever did you find those adorable cacti plants for the girls?? Your Valentine's day looked perfect but yes a weekend Valentine's day is my favorite because we get to be home together all day :)

    ReplyDelete