We had another snow day yesterday. (Monday) When you add that on to the Friday snow day we eneded up with a four day weekend. Yes, we have to make up every single one of these days in June but it's part of living here. And I'm perfectlly happy to take snow days as they come!
While I took 60 pictures on Friday's snow day, I took 2 yesterday. But trust me. It was so pretty.
And the girls and I didn't do much of anything. Best kinda day in the world. I'm not sure how I'll get through Tuesday without my cups of tea after my cups of tea. Back to that boring water bottle I tag along with me all day.
Oh and this recipe. It's easy. You need a bit of time for it to simmer. But really, so easy, so winter, so good! (all four of us loved it!)
Turkey ~ Barley Soups
1. Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Brown 1 pound ground turkey. (don't over cook... it simmers later) Remove turkey from the pot.
2. Cook vegetables in the pot. 3 carrots, 2 celery, 1/2 onion. I cut mine mini mini becasue that's the only way Abigail will eat them. (feel free to adjust the vegges for your family) Cook until tender. (I also add a bit of salt on my vegges while they're cooking)
3. Add 6 cups chicken broth (that's 1 box and 2 more cups). Add the browned turkey back in. Add in 1/2 cup pearl barley.
4. Simmer for 30-40 minutes until the barley is tender. (it soaks up a lot of the broth)
5. Add in 3 cups chopped baby spinach (Or scoop picky eaters soup first before the spinach goes in)
6. Heat a bit then serve. Yum!