Monday, January 11, 2016

Vacation Week

~ by 'vacation' you know I mean home and not leaving my house, right? ~

So, the week (glorious week) between Christmas Day and Monday of back to school I never picked up my camera. Never. So all of these shots are straight out of my phone.

It was a wonderful week off. We did a lot of nothing and then some more nothing. Just what we needed after a full December (feel free to scroll through my December here on this blog in case you're wondering how we pack it in.

Presents came in the mail and we loved that!

50

the Christmas Eve Eve dessert table set

49

Christmas Eve Mass, walking in

48

Vacation allows for notes on our beds at night

47

And lots of time for playing

46

45

44

We went to Mass on December 27th at the Cathedral and had our picture taken with Archbishop Blair (the girls and I were invited from our parish because of the Youth Rosary group that we are a part of) Archbishop Blair gave such a powerful homily on the family. I kept fishing through my bag to find a pen and paper and then when that didn't work I hoped I'd remember as much as I could. And when that didn't work I scoured the internet hoping that he put it online because how could I hear that just once? I couldn't find it online but have thought of calling the office to see it it's possible to have it emailed to me. Crazy!

43

Back to playing

42

41

40

39

A quick one of my Christmas dress this year. Yes, perfect for our 20th.

38

Trying on the new boots

37

Lots of this during the week. We visited our Hot Chocolate Station anytime we wanted during the week. In fact although Christmas is now down, that is still up and running.

36

We didn't fit in all of our favorites before Christmas Day but we snuggled up and watched them all week long.

35

34

One day it snowed! Not a lot, just a little but it made me feel happy!

33

32

I went for a long walk so that I could get home to jammies and more hot chocolate

31

Froze to ice as soon as it hit my jacket

30

An amazing secret gift came in the mail for me. I solved the mystery and my beautiful Mary is in a much prettier spot while all of our Rosary beads. I love it so. (I promise to take a better photo of where she is now... you'll love it)

29

Afternoon cuppa tea by the tree

28

More playing all day long in nightgowns.

27

26

No rules on sweets this week Anna!

24

25

23

Mid week Christmas nightgown and socks

22

21

We reorganized the playroom and found more space for creating

20

19

We ventured out one evening to see special friends.

18

My goddaughter

17

After the girls were in bed Scott and I did a lot of planning. and dreaming.  (okay, I just sat there with tea and he did all the work)

16

15

14

Best spot for New Years... January 1, 2016, 5 am

13

Sweats and no makeup all week

12

love this

11

10

Not until after New Years did Christmas begin to come down

9

8

We all helped clean up

7

From 6 pm on

6

January 3rd

5

Sister sleepovers

4

The day before back to school I packed up Christmas nightgowns and clothes and took out a few winter themed clothes

3

It was a glorious, wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. Tara...
    I know I say this a lot, but this is my favorite post ever!
    I love love all the cozy, family time...
    That week is the best week of the year, and you made it even more wonderful!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a lot like our week. Mi think the week between Christmas and New Years may be my favorite week of the year.
    Are you going to Hawaii? I really need to get I contact with you regarding our summer plans!

    ReplyDelete