Monday, January 25, 2016

January Weekend

37

We got  SNOW!  Just a little really but we'll take it!  Clean, white, powdery, beautiful snow came all late afternoon on Saturday and while we slept.  In the morning it was sunny and ready to play in.

33

But before the snow, Saturday looked looked like this.

1

Scott is still painting (my love language for sure)  The dining room this weekend.  And those books Anna is looking through for her historical fiction project.  Scott brought them home from his school for her to think through.  I want to read every single one.

2

Abigail has been making her own little snowman purse.

3

And sometimes when she knots up the stiches her big sister is there to take it apart and get her started again.

5

4

6

Anna likes my camera too.

7

8

10

11

There were googy cookies right out of the oven.

12

And as it started to get dark we could really see the snow coming down.  Horray!

13

15

The backyard around 4:00

17

Inside she was 'painting' (love these paints)

21

(SK stands for side kick)

22

Anna has really been into cooking lately.  I must admit that it's hard for me to give up even a little control in my kitchen.  But I need to because she wants to be in there doing stuff.  And she so happy!

23

When did she go from this

IMG_8842c

to this???

vertical photo with splash of color

25

26

14

Winter decorations you don't have to pay for. Snow on the windows.  So pretty.

16

18

19

20

Saturday night looked like this.

But then SUNDAY was THIS!!!

27

28

29

30

31

32

34

35

33

36

38

39

Yes it was a beautiful weekend.  I love January.

9

2 comments:

  1. I love your January weekend too!
    It was cozy and yummy and productive...go Scott!
    And Anna... From sweetness to stunning beauty.
    Have a good week, my bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures! My family back home in PA and MD are dealing with the blizzard.... I'm happy to NOT have snow right now, lol. Winter here was awful last year. I've been wanting to try those paints with Kathleen and Hayley, they are so neat. Love the plate you served the cookies on and of course they look delicious too! Enjoy the snow and stay warm!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete