Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Friday, December 25, 2015, 7:48 am

I promise to finish up Christmas posts by Friday. Really, I do. So if you're so 'done with Christmas' feel free to check back in on Monday morning. I'll have a late vacation week off post for y'all. But for now... the magic of Christmas morning.

(well, part one because I just can't do it all in one long post like I'd want to)

(the following words and photos are best viewed listening to this) because this is exactly what is playing as the enter and little tears stream down my cheeks)

.......................................................................................

It's no lie. When Christmas morning comes to my house I feel like the world has stopped. There is a hovering; like I'm above it all looking in. Despite what people say about Christmas morning going by in a flash, I feel the opposite. It's long and glorious, and wonderful, and that one morning from approximately 7:48 through 12:23 feels like twelve days. But in a good good good miracle kind of way. I really don't know how describe it. That's really the best I can do.

So I think instead I'll let the pictures tell you the story.

This is what the living room (otherwise known as the viola room) looked like on Friday, December 25th at 7:48 am.

1

(something about the floors here that makes me smile.  It's like a Christmas glow on them)
2

3

I should tell you how these 'before they come downstairs' photos happen. Every year they come into our room and wake us up with such joy and excitement. And into our bed. We snuggle (for like a minute because they can't wait more than that) and then they HAVE TO stay in our bed while we head down. Scott gets the fire pretty and hot. I turn on the trees and the music. He makes sure the cam corder is on the tripod (we record all four hours of our morning... every single minute so I can watch it when I'm 99), I quickly preheat the oven and slide the overnight French Toast out of the frig, I take the before shots as fast as I can while I'm listening to the happiest sound of little girl chatter in our bed. And then I quickly brush hair and take their picture at the top of the stairs. We're like little elves, Scott and I, except that we're doing the easy part, just turning on lights because Santa did all the rest.

31

32

The Christmas morning faces. I live for these.

33

and the holding hands

34

and Anna being off the ground

35

36

and the way Abigail grasped Anna's hands with both of hers because those moments are two hand grabbing joy filled.

37

And their eyes went straight for this

38

Each year Santa leaves the girls one big surprise under the tree. While all of the other gifts are wrapped up, the 'big surprise' is never wrapped. It's what their eyes go to first. It's the 'magic' in Christmas for them. This year he left them this.

10

A crate but really a mouse hole but really a mouse house. A whole family and friends (felt) mice all set up for Christmas.

The photos don't even do it justice although I tried to capture all the little details. Remember, they are giggling in our bed upstairs and I'm shaking because I'm so excited and shocked this is theirs.  Oozing with love for Santa because he left this for them and they're gonna love it!  Like for life!

They have their own decorated Christmas tree.

11

And their table was set with the finest.

19

20

21

39

22

40

Inside the house (the girls have just recently found out that the books open and perhaps they are where the mice friends hide.

23

And out

24

25

This little wandering mouse is one of my favorites. He's still among the forest of evergreen trees and hasn't quite made it to the Christmas celebration yet.

26

There are presents beneath the tree.

27

and carolers inside warm and cozy

28

They've decorated their home as well.

29

30

4

5

Proof positive

6

7

8

9

26

11

Thank goodness Scott and I are asleep when this all happens at night. I could never, never, never, ever imagine how he does it. I'm just grateful he does.

17

12

13

14

15

16

18

Now that they've seen it all and are glued to this...

23

...Scott and I stop holding our breath. We look at each other with that look that's only saved for a morning this special. It is our twentieth but this one feels the very best. For it feels like the moment Thanksgiving is over we are holding our breath for this very moment. Friday, December 25th, 7:48 am.


~ to be continued ~ .........


3 comments:

  1. Oh. Just oh.
    I love this.
    And I know exactly what you mean. And what you feel. Because I have the privilege of knowing YOU. And what this means to you. And it is beautiful. And perfect. And magical. And simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything billie jo just said!!!:)
    i've been waiting for this and it's finally here...
    can't wait till tomorrow for more!
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel the same way about Christmas morning. I try to really be there and take it ALL in. I don't want to miss or forget one piece of it.

    I love the girls mouse house...just precious. I have a little girl here that had big eyes when I showed here what Santa left at your home. What a magical home!

    ReplyDelete