Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas Morning ~ continued

10

Someone asked me today (who I haven't seen since December) "how was your Christmas"?  And I felt like 'christmas?'  That was a looong time ago.  I've been so enjoying going back through these photos.  Moments in time, stopped.

After the big gift, Abigail was the first to spot the stockings that hung by the chimney with care.  And her eyes lit up.

1

So stockings were next.

(I love this one of you Anna)
collage 7 8

2

3

4

and then they were back to the mice. The morning could have stopped there. A 'star plush doll' and a mouse house.

5

6

9

There were some super cute things in their stockings this year!

10

I love stockings... they are the best!

Each had a big white bag with a cute elephant on it filled with the most adorable socks!

11

12

Abigail's were all knee socks to wear with skirts and dresses

13

14

15

20

Meanwhile Anna opened a banner with little woodland friends.

16

17

18

19

And then socks for Anna!

21

Cutest socks I'd ever seen... for sure elf made!

22

There were other surprises too... little things that Anna saw in a store and really wanted. I love how Santa does that!

23

24

25

26

Now after the mouse house and before the stockings the girls begged us to do our family presents. This was the very first year that they were totally in charge of every penny spent. They had to earn their money (I can do a blog post on that someday when I'm caught up... after years of trial and error we really have a great money earning system that works for our family) They planned, saved, and hunted around for gifts for each other and for momma and daddy. They were so super excited that on Christmas Eve they asked if we could do family gifts before ANY Santa presents. It was the best!!! I am only wishing that I knew how very special it would be; how endering really. I would have done this years ago and I would have taken more pictures of the joy of the giving. I was so caught up in it I really just got a few.

Abigail going into the family room to get the presents she wrapped.

13

Anna gave daddy speciality food store gormet chips (it's kinda a joke in our house... I HATE the sound of chips... Scott loves to eat chips) and some special dip maker.

1

2

And then this one... check out Abigail's face here.

3

Abigail bought this waaay back in the summer when she saw it in a toy store.

4

Check out their faces here! Totally cracking up and loving this moment!

5

If I could title this one for Abigail it would be "that face ... it's better to give than to receive" for sure they loved the giving so much this year.

6

7

Pat the bunny is sort of another joke in our family.

8

9

Abigail's turn to open from Anna.

11

An American girl doll dog bed. (don't know why I didn't get the huge hug Abigail gave her sidekick)

12

And this... Abigail loved this from Anna.

14

It's an owl stuffed animal that you heat up in the microwave for all of her EoE pain.

15

16

Anna gave me this lovely tea cup and saucer that she found in an antique store. From England "Bridal Rose" for my 20th married Christmas.

17

Prettiest teacup ever.

18

I don't have a picture of me opening but this is now on my windowsill where I will love it forever. Abigail picked this out and paid for this. I could cry. Made in 1973 (the year I was born) in Beeswick, England. It's a Beatrix Potter figurine. There is a story here too with these sweet figurines. I was in the department store G.Fox with my Grandma when I was about ten years old. Back then they were still making these lovely figurines in England. And I saw one in the jewlery department and fell in love with it. I had mother bunny all dressed up and ready for the day. But somehow between 10 and 23 (when I got married) I lost it. I still look around for it in my parents house and ask about it hoping it'll show up. Abigail knows that story. So sweet.

extra 2

extra

Now this gift was found on the Christmas tree all rolled up. And I have to tell you a little back story. Do you remember this gift last year. Anna a week before Christmas asked Santa to help the orphans in China. And Santa must have had to think fast to do this. It was amazing.

Well this year AFTER the cookies and carrots were out and it was time for bed Abigail said, "I have to run upstairs and quickly write Santa a note!" She wrote to him asking him to help children around the world who suffer with EoE. (no doubt remembering the quick magic that Santa did with Anna's letter last year). I prepared Abigail with a "it's too late" "Santa can't do anything." "He already left the North Pole" But somehow this happened!

IMG_4579

19

He left a note saying that two books on EoE will be at her school library for all children to check out. And a donation has been made in her honor to research to find a cure.

20

(Macarroni isn't the same without cheese) (Eating isn't always easy)

21

Proof positive once again that this day and Santa is magic.

~ to be continued... ~

1 comment: