Friday, July 3, 2015

Anna Is Twelve

Twelve!!!

3

46

And she choose a Calico Critter's Theme.

7

6

45

I saw a few pictures on Instagram and decided to go with a country look.

44

With my two favorite colors... powder blue and red red red!

43

I took a few in our backyard for her invitation.

2

Wearing a vintage Calico dress (from here)

Which we both adored!

1

collage 4

collage 5

21

42

Strawberries in a basket really make it look like we're in the country.. in our own suburban back yard.

41

40

28

Anna decided easily that she wanted it to be a brunch and ohhhh I love cooking brunch food!

38

So we had daddy at the waffle iron and we had all the toppings you could imagine!

25

38

And it all tasted soooo good!

26

(this one is just for his cute sneakers)

23

22

37

30

27

24

After brunch it was time for birthday cake! But really pie because Anna wanted birthday pies and I thought it would be just darling with her Calico Critter theme.

34

19

33

32

I made two pies... Tennessee Fudge Pie

18

And a classic Apple Pie

17

Now before the glorious June sun came out it was cloudy and windy. I adore the sequence of these because of her grandparents trying so hard to block the wind for her to blow out her candle.

16

First try... that didn't work.

15

Pass the toddler over and let grandpa try this time.

14

13

12

And this one!

11

Oh glorious pie!

10

9

A candy bar set up for the cousins to each fill a little gingham jar.

36

With all the red and powder blue candy I could find!

35

31

7

6

5

4

And there was fun!

8

22

3

2

Starting to get some grown up gifts and loving this perfume from Grandma.

23

It was the perfect party and the perfect gifts this year. A little dabble in pretty things like purses and perfume and yet toys to play with because twelve is still so young.

1

It was Anna's first year not having a 'friend' party. In Middle school they move from room to room, teacher to teacher throughout the day and gone are the days of inviting all the little girls in your class. (sigh). But that didn't stop me from having a theme and making her family party special. She is still talking about it and how much she loved it! (sigh again)

Just a few days later (during the school week) it was her birth day. So when we were all home that day she got to open her gifts from Abigail and we all had cake. You've just gotta celebrate that day too!

Our little kitchen holiday tree was all decked out for the girls birthdays in late May and early June.

21

20

I love left over birthday party flowers scattered throughout my house.

19

15

Before school breakfast that morning.

18

3

2

1

16

Almost - summer evenings are the prettiest.

12

11

10

9

Abigail found the perfect card "my personal burst of sunshine, my sister"

8

~ a little beaded wallet

7

and lots of tissue

6

5

4

3

~ lobster flip flops

2

I am having such a wonderful summer with Anna. She chose not to play tennis this season and we are just together 24/7. And it's feels amazing to me. Time is what we need. To erase the business of the school year. Just gobs and gobs of unplanned time. We walk/ run / walk 2.7 miles every morning together. And that has been lovely. To get out and do something together just the two of us, consistently every day. So enjoyable, I can't explain. And then just the plain old rest of the day she's home with me and I like that. I am so grateful for the summer and the opportunity it gives us for such a close connection. I truly adore this girl of mine. I love who God is forming her to be. I love watching His plan unfold little by little in her life. It is a gift and a joy. Happy birthday my twelve year old girl. Mama loves you oh so much!

Eleven is here

Ten is here

Nine is here

3 comments:

  1. I love the party theme and those Happy Birthday plates are perfection! Wherever did you find them? Abigail's card is too cute. Hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 12! Hold onto your seats because the ride just gets faster. Wishing Anna a beautiful happy birthday and abundant blessings throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna is just beautiful! I too think 12 is still so young...my 12 year old still loves Legos.
    Such a fun party. It fits Anna perfectly.
    And you know I,just love getting a peak into your beautiful home and seeing your cute banners.

    ReplyDelete