Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tomato-Basil Soup

Been so busy lately with events coming up and ones this week.  I'm looking forward to the hum of the dryer and the dishwasher next Monday when I'm home, not frazzled, in my element.  So for now I still have 'apple picking' on my camera and I don't see it coming off until possibly Sunday, ugh!  But just to keep at this blog a teeny tiny bit I've got...

soup

Tomato Basil Soup
(and yes it's photographed in the same way as the Creamy Butternut Squash soup from last weeks post... sorry... I told you my mind is scattered and busy this week)

1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup butter
6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2/3 cup sherry
8 fresh basil leaves
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated

Saute onion in butter until golden. Add tomatoes, sherry and basil, cover loosely and simmer 30 minutes. Mash large chunks of tomato with a pesto masher. (I use my handy dandy hand blender) Serve with croutons and top with cheese. (We added salt to ours)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are keeping up with the blog! Miss you when you are gone! This looks great...thanks for posting! We love soups in this house, and I am always thankful for good recipes like this. I am with you about being home in my element. Sometimes I just dread the days when we have to be "out and about" Is that wrong? Anyway, thinking of you all tonight! Enjoy, friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been crazy busy too must be something in the air! and you know i really dislike that word...busy!!:( ugh!!!
    love that you posted this recipe. i have been meaning to tell you that i yes I made your pumpkin butternut soup last week and it was AMAZING!!!!! we doubled it, i shared it with a friend who loved it and we had the leftovers tonight!!! thank you so much and keep those recipes coming.:)
    hope monday gets here quick for you!:)
    have a happy night tara

    ReplyDelete