Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Fall in the Kitchen

"Oh Marilla, looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them, exclaimed Anne." Anne of Green Gables ~ L.M. Montgomery

Decorating early helps me look forward to all of the goodness of the season. 


Yes, yes, yes, I love my little kitchen. I love to cook and bake and talk and be with my family in here. And I really love to decorate it for the fall. 

Here is what I did for the fall this year in the kitchen: 

πŸ’› New check curtains at the kitchen window. They are a lighter fabric that I had up there before and I'm really enjoying them

πŸ’› New natural colored check skink skirt from one of my favorite stores on the planet: The Vermont Country Store. We've been there a few times and I love it so

πŸ’›In one little vignette I put together an ironstone plate and four little candy apples... reminding me that fall fairs are coming soon! 

I love to create little scenes in my kitchen (well everywhere, really)! It is something lovely to look at when I am cooking, sweeping, wiping counters. It rings joybells in my heart! πŸ’ž

πŸ’›I have all of my fall mugs on the mug rack. Some are Susan Branch china ones, and some are from thrift stores. I especially adore ones that are heavy lately with the words "made in England" on the bottom. Makes my heart happy to drink tea from a special mug every morning -- and the older the better! 

πŸ’› I have another little happy scene on the other end of the kitchen on a chippy, old, white stool. I put all of my favorite fall cookbooks with a lovely new (new to me, but old) tea cup and a basket of apples! 

πŸ’›I added a fall a painting this year I found for $12... yes I did! And I love it for September and October! 

πŸ’› My baking center has all of the fall table cloths and an antique basket filled with little white pumpkins! I think pumpkins are adorable! 

πŸ’› To top it all off is a pumpkin pie on my pie cooling window! 

Want to see it all? Here you goooooooo!















































"When she crossed the bridge over the brook the kitchen light of Green Gables winked her a friendly welcome back, nd though the open door shone the hearth fire, sending out its warm red glow athwart the chilly autumn night. Anne ran blithely up the hill and into the kitchen, where a hot supper was waiting on the table." Anne of Green Gables ~ L.M. Montomery


No comments:

Post a Comment