Monday, September 5, 2022

Fall in the Family Room

I started decorating mid August for the fall and I'm so glad I did. I tend to totally change rooms around and it takes time! The first room done was the dining room I just haven't taken pictures of that room yet. You can click HERE to watch a reel of the fall decor in the dining room. And someday soon I'll try to take pictures. I like to remember how I've decorated through the years. It helps me to remember what I have sometimes. 

The family room is all decorated for the fall and I just love it so much. I changed the slipcover sofas from beige to white. The white sofas really brighten up the room a lot. And it makes the cream ironstone stand out. I've been loving ironstone lately and have found some really fun pieces at thrift stores. 

So here is a peek at our fall family room: 

This little vignette makes me smile. I love my Little House book and the ironstone soup taurine with the pot of mums. And these books of country decorating and entertaining delight my heart... yes they do. 


I love this ironstone pitcher I found. It could have been meant for tea or coffee but I love it so much holding this sweet bundle of wheat. 


There is so much detail with ironstone. I love the handle on this! I found these little white pumpkins at an antique store last October near Anna's college. This antique gold tray is just the right size. 


My favorite in this pile is Come Home to Country... such sweet pictures. 



I found this sampler at a thrift store for only $12. I love the colors for autumn and the detail. Such a treasure for sure! 



It is important to me that this room is cozy, welcoming, and simple. And to me it is all that. I can't wait to relax in here on a Friday evening with my family or a Sunday afternoon. Just the place I want to be! 



One of my favorites! 


And you've just got to have pumpkins in the fall! 






Can't wait to finish up the kitchen (I think I'll be done tomorrow) and then to finish up the living room... and that's it! Fall in our home! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment