Monday, September 5, 2022

Fall in the Dining Room

"The heart of Autumn must have broken here, 
And poured its treasure out upon the leaves." 
~ Charlotte Fiske Bates 


This is actually the room I started with in the middle of August. Yes, I start really early. Having my whole home decorated for fall means 

πŸ’›I have more time for things we love during the whole season  

πŸ’›More time to bake pies

πŸ’›More time to watch favorite fall movies

πŸ’›More time for fall traditions we love so much like apple picking, the pumpkin hayride, carving pumpkins, and now a new tradition we love so much: family weekend at Holy Cross!!

πŸ’›It also means I have more time to actually enjoy our fall home. I used to 'decorate throughout the season' but then I was always decorating. Now I get to come home from my day at school and walk into the cozy home I created. I love it so much! 

So yes, decorating early is a really good idea for my whole family! I will once in a while find a new piece here or there and then I just add it in. 

Here is our Dining room this fall. If you've like to see a quick little video of our fall dining room, click HERE

I have to start by proclaiming my love for this antique Hitchcock dining set. We saved and saved for YEARS! and the story of where it is from and bringing it home is back HERE. And back HERE I talk about the "perfect little New England town" where it was made back in 1825... swoon πŸ’ž


I completely changed the top of the hutch to have some baskets and his painted tin tray I found. I love the colors of the roses -- perfect for autumn in here. 

I also changed out the china. I took all of the milk glass out and put our wedding china in. It has a more creamy white and the gold along the rim is just perfect for this fall room. 



For the centerpiece I chose a wooden tray with black hardware to match the Hitchcock chairs. I filled it with fall things I adore: 

πŸ’› Little white pumpkins - I think pumpkins are adorable!
πŸ’› A glowing candle - I do like battery ones that flicker (more safe for our home) 
πŸ’› Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder -- oh the colors on the cover
πŸ’› The ironstone pitcher is one of my favorite pieces in the entire house. I found it in an antique store close to Anna's college last winter and snatched it up. I knew I'd love it for fall filled with berries. The handle is so detailed and the patina (crackling) on the sides and rim is just so beautiful. 





On the sideboard I decorated with 

πŸ’› Little white pumpkins again -- love them so much
πŸ’› Candles
πŸ’›This "Home Sweet Home" sign that I found in a thrift store for only $4 -- It is hand stitched and embordered with little fall leaves
πŸ’› A vintage apple pie and lots of white books 



I love this scene so much! 


Here is a close up on that hand painted tin tray: 


I love the way this wedding china looks in her in the fall. 


Just look at that handle -- dreamy! 



She sang a song, a song of home, A song that reach'd my heart. Home, home, sweet, sweet home. She sang the song of "Home Sweet Home," The song that reach'd my heart. ~ Julian Jordan 



No comments:

Post a Comment