Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The School Nurse Called

At 2:00 I glanced down at my phone and saw 3 missed calls. One from Abigail's school nurse, 2 from Scott. There was also a text from him saying "call me when you can". I was on my way to a meeting across town. I pulled over and called Scott.

"Abigail passed out at school. I've got her. We're on our way home."

"Wait! What?"

"She's going to be fine. I'll be home with her."

I called the school nurse who explained the whole thing.

She was outside in PE class running and she passed out. The kids and PE teacher noticed, called for her and by the time she got there she was awake, but a bit disoriented. Abigail says she remembers her heart beating fast and the next thing she remembers is her friends and the nurse standing over her.

She didn't get hurt falling because they were outside.

I am grateful for the amazing school nurse who responded in a minute and knew just what to do.

She took her time, checked her vitals and brought her in when she thought she was alert enough.

Of course I drove straight home to be with my girl.

She rested in the evening and we spent time together.

We no school tomorrow so it will be good to all be home.

I'm not quite sure why it happened. She was hydrated. The only thing we can come up with is the weather and her congestion. It has been so humid here. Not hot but terribly humid.

Our elementary schools are not airconditioned since it's only hot in September and June, the first and last months of school. But on a day like today, AC would have helped.

This happening to her today reminded me of the so many times she was home sick (and not so sick, wink)

Oh how I loved these days (here's one back here)  oh that sweater!

Here's another one

1 comment:

  1. Aw, poor Abigail! Sending prayers! And congratulations on your new teaching job! Blessings! Lisa from Instagram (hotcoffee4lisa)

    ReplyDelete