Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Back to School Portraits

both 12

The girls and I went back to school on the last day of August. It was a whirlwind from the second we got home from Disney to the first second of school. I was oh so busy (with my family by my side) and then two days before the official start I teacher meetings. My parents took the girls those two days. Anna at her high school orientation and Abigail at my parents house. We were busy working out the new details for Abigail before and after school. There was so much to figure out. Scott was so good at all of the details and even though he's an elementary school principal he took time off to be at Anna's orientation.

There was an open house at my school the day before (I have no pictures) It was a 'meet and greet' where the families come to walk around. With all of the business I STILL wanted to fit in pictures for my girls.

We'd ALWAYS gone to our town center for photos. And I just didn't want to skip it. Some things I just would not change!

So we all went just the day before school and I'm so glad we did.

Here is my beautiful Anna headed off to high school.

anna 1

Beaming and ready

anna 2

I was in awe of her excitement and envied her 'it's all gonna be okay with this new adventure' attitude. I so wanted to feel that exact same way with my new huge life change. I clung to her every word.

anna 3

anna 4

I was so proud of her. And so excited about all that lay ahead of my girl.

anna 5

Love this one of her, just her as I always see her.

anna 6

Abigail, she has twirled her way through elementary school and now is in fifth grade. It is her last year at our sweet elementary school.

abigail 1

Happiness and joy she brings everyone around her.

abigail 2

abigail 3

abigail 4

abigail 5

And she is ready too. Ready for new responsibilites and new changes coming her way this year. I'd keep her little and with me forever but I can't. She has to share her gifts with the world too.

abigail 6

These girls of mine. I can't believe how they've taken on these new changes with ease, determination, and kindness. It hasn't been prefectly easy on them, me going back to the classroom but I'm beaming with pride with how they've done. I love them oh so much.

both 1

both 2

both 3

both 4

both 5

adore her

both 6

both 7

both 8

always my baby girl

both 9

both 10

If you read this some day darling daughters, please know that mommy's heart was bursting his 'back to school' year. You are the daughters and I am the mommy but somehow you taught me so much this time. I watched how you did all of the new changes with such a beautiful attitude. You cared for each other's hearts and for mine at the same time. Your ease and your responsibility amazed me. I couldn't be more proud. I love you both so very much and can't wait to see where this new adventure takes us. God is in control and we are all so blessed.

both 11


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Tara! Can't believe your Anna is in high school already! Where does the time go!

    ReplyDelete