Monday, November 28, 2016

~Thanksgiving~

"Everything was romantic in my imagination" ~Beatrix Potter

0A6A3418

1

2

I'm kind of cheating here because these pumpkins and ribbon was already down on Thanksgiving. Christmas had already started.

3

We started a few weeks ahead of time (It was my first, ever) The tables were set two weekends before. Abigail and I made chocolate dipped macaroons early in the week before Thursday.

4

5

6

And Anna baked an Apple pie with a homemade pie crust.

7

The morning of Thanksgiving was so exciting. We turned on the lights of all the trees.

8

The girls ate breakfast in front of the parade while Scott and I wrestled with the big turkey.

9

Gravy was started at 8:30 am and cooked all day long.

10

from a Susan Branch recipe. (of course)

11

I made time for tea in my favorite Thanksgiving mug (Emma Bridgewater, Life in the Country series)

12

Last time for this tea before I change into Holiday favorites.

13

This girls set up their magical mouse Christmas (from a post back here)

14

15

16

They helped me set up the tea and coffee area.

17

and spent the entire day together while Scott and I were busy.

18

But then there were times we all snuggled on the couch and watched the girls open their ornament. (a tradition you can see back here)

19

I'd say they were happy!

20

21

22

Every Thanksgiving morning (to kick off the Christmas season) we give the girls a new ornament. A surprise. I try to find one that represents something about them at that age/stage. But I hold my breath when they open because I'm never sure they'll love it.

23

I write the date on the box and a little note to them of why I chose that ornament.

24

You'll just have to trust me that these ornaments both have a story and I was thrilled to find them.

25

26

But quickly the food was almost done. Time for dressing up!

27

28

29

30

31 collage

And as the sun started to fade away and cozy dark settled family arrived.

32

I lit the candles.

33

34 collage

and took one last look.

35

36

37

38

39

40

China and silver from my wedding.

41

42

I loved this dress on Anna.

43 collage

44 collage

And this look on Abigail's face as she looked at the turkey just out of the oven.

45

Grace was said and we all feasted.

46

When dinner was over, before the candles were blown out. Before anyone left... I ran outside to capture the warmth inside and said of prayer thanking God for this house and the people inside it. I know how blessed I am.

47

(that's my sister in law starting to clear dishes)

48

Anna and her pie!

49

..."and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true..."


3 comments:

  1. Everything looked beautiful! Great family photos and Anna's dress is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks beautiful! Love the pictures you took from outside your home..❤️ And the picture of Abigail and your mom is just precious.
    Anna's pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looked just beautiful, Tara. You should be so proud of yourself! It's a lot of work (worth it though) but a lot of work. :)

    ReplyDelete