Monday, October 31, 2016

October Weekending

the weekend starts when principal daddy walks in the door on friday afternoon

1 collage

i like to plan out my next week on friday evenings in the family room when we are all in there

2

love my planner

4

first i look at the big family calendar and write out everywhere we have to be all week in those little rectangles

5

and then I put in my to dos (laundry, clean the house, enjoy/decorate my house) {one per day, even though I work in the two schools this helps me stay on top of my house}

i plan out one week at a time but i can't wait to get to these thanksgiving stickers

6

on saturday morning after group viola class, anna baked cupcakes

7 collage

in the afternoon we hiked up here

9

with lily (from china) and her dad {same orphanage, same 14 months, same awful room}

10

it was so so good to see them

11

love how sweet teenage lily is

12

look at that carpet of leaves

13

i just have to be outside each weekend, even for just a little bit

14

15

a little decorate your own cupcakes afternoon

16

17

18 collage

18 collage

19

and we carved pumpkins (those pictures tomorrow, i think) and got ready for halloween...

Quote of the Weekend "When I get to Heaven, I'm going to ask God to show me a bunch of colors I've never seen before" ~Anna Baker (no, she's not color blind, which is why when I overheard her say that to her sister, I thought it was beautiful... because for sure God MUST have more colors up there)

Photo of the Weekend I love

20

Moment of the Weekend
{titled 'The Perfect Saturday Night'}







4 comments:

  1. Laughing & crying... My eyes literally started tearing up reading this. How very special & blessed both Anna & Lily are to have one another. I mean how many adopted children from a far away country at an isolated orphange can say that they know someone & are FRIENDS with someone who went through the exact same thing in the exact same place! I am sure I don't have to tell you how very, very special that it. And I don't know why but seeing "Dad" on the floor doing the puzzle as your girls practice their music & reading in the video you posted made me smile & chuckle!!! lol.. You have a wonderful family & are very blessed! Happy Halloween!! Blessings, Lisa from Instagram (hot_coffee4lisa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day with your very special friends!! And your planner is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect weekend! Love the hiking pictures and your planner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend...with a little of everything. Family time, time with friends, time outside and yummy food. Love the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete