Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easter Around Our House

Spring is my time to decorate! Sure, I love decorating for Christmas sooo much but spring colors are my favorite. One time Billie Jo asked me my style of decorating. Ever since then I've thought about it. And after about six months I think I can now answer her. It's classic and romantic. When Scott and I were engaged we'd wander through furniture stores. I'd always tend to love the classic look of Cherry woods. And I love anything with painted roses. My Bible desk in our living room I picked out just before our wedding. It's cherry with hand painted roses. I was with my Mom and Scott. I still love it. Our bedroom set is cherry too. But with all of that dark wood I need light and airy walls. I love the romantic look of light blue. Our kitchen is a light blue. Our bedroom is a light blue. Our playroom is a fun kind of light blue. I love white curtains and flowered dishes. The only exception in my home is our living and dining room. To me they are a classic "colonial" look. They 'fit' the house. A colonial in Connecticut (and they look great with a Christmas tree in them.. and that is super important to me.. really it is... my living room waits all year for that tree and stockings. They are two peas in a pod) And I suppose I can't have light blue covering every wall...

When Abigail was born I was so excited because I could do bunnies.  Light, soft, sweet, and spring. Anna's room is light and romantic too. So I guess spring is my style. I love sweet banners, birds, and teacups. Anything pretty.

I walked around my house last Saturday. It was snowing outside. And I took a few pictures of what it looks like this year for Easter. Not every single thing, but enough to get an idea.

Been really into plants this spring. I stopped at a garden shop a month ago and can't stop going. They add such a nice touch to any room.

1

And I'm really into Cath Kidson (from London). Everything floral. Swoon!

2

Like all of you I tuck bunnies every where I can. Tea table bunnies.

3

Scott and I love tea and this Spring Tea is amazing! Mug from Emma Bridgewater (England) I know, I know... all of those extra shipping costs. But it feels oh so much more romantic from England than Target!

4

April above my sink.

5

And my kitchen tree (inspired by the one and only queen of Holidays)

6

Ideas for spring in my Susan Branch cookbook

15

A little sweetness on the kitchen table. Abigail worries that I took this nest from outside. (Scott assures her that I bought it)

16

What says romantic more than a little banner... here

7

or there

8

10

11

12

17

Another Cath Kidson and the bunny that Anna keeps taking to 'help her do homework'.

13

14

The dining room got a plant makeover. Just a few dollars. Have I said yet? I'm in love with my local garden store and little plants.

3

2

4

5

Don't ya just love how tall and proud that bunny stands?

6

Last Cath Kidson... promise!

7

Love these little vinage bunny family. (not a very romantic find... they are vintage... but I found them online... etsy)

1

I got tired of taking pictures and shot only a few in the family room. Mostly books.

2

3

The Country Bunny and the Little Golden Shoes (a favorite of mine.. and my moms... she bought my first, now tattered but loved and still have, copy at an elementary book fair in the school gym. I remember mom!)

4

and movies... ahh... Easter Parade. Oh the vintage clothes, oh the dancing, oh the old fashioned romance...

1

Now Abigail's room doesn't need any help at Easter. It IS Easter all year long. So I didn't take more than a few. This is her room. And this is her room. This too.

1

It's too cold here for this... But she wants to wear it every day.

2

Suitcases for doll clothes

7

8

I do change this for each holiday.

9

My grandma bought this bunny for me at Sage - n - Allen when I was like seven or something. She said I could pick out whatever I wanted. I wanted that bunny. (oh, and those books below are awesome!) Sorry I blurred them.  The Spectacular Tale of Peter Rabbit. Emma Thompson.  The Christmas one is the best.

10

11

Blurry picture of pins to choose from in the morning.

12

3

A few things in Anna's room.

4

5

6

And a few toys scattered around. But gosh, I forgot to take a picture of the bunny paper dolls. The sweetest.

1

2

And I think that's just about it. Forgot the bunny paper dolls, the wreath on the front door and the way the girls helped me decorate the playroom. (the only room I let them 'help' me with) but that's enough bunnies, right?




4 comments:

  1. Yep.
    Those are the exact words I would use to describe your style.
    And like you...it is perfectly lovely. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your style....it is very romantic. You know I have banner enjoy...I am sure I tell you that everytime you post pictures of them. Is it still snowing or are you starting to warm up a little?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pretty bunny touches! Thanks to you I'm in love with Susan Branch now as well, one day I'll order some of those yummy looking teas :) I love how much we all inspire each other through blogging and instagram! Happy Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and we have very similar styles ;-)

    ReplyDelete