Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Forty One

Yesterday I turned 41.  (okay so I'm posting this a few days late)  Abigail was the first one to mark the occasion with her tip toe feet entering our bedroom and her sweet, "happy birthday mommy" because she is just really the first one to talk in the morning.  She woke up early and had trouble falling asleep last night as she does always when she knows that the next day will include her grandma and grandpa.

And in honor of that big day I take a look back at some of my favorite moments of my 40th year.  Some here in pictures and others in pictures just in my head.  Memories forever.

Here are a few moment of the year I spent as 40

Birthday brunch last year
brunch 2

blog 1

blog 8

8

3

blog2 color

1

Valentines Day
12

Welcoming a new cousin
7

Easter
30 collage

4 collage

5

Irish Step Recital
collage 6

collage 7

10

Abigail turns six
20

24

2

2

3

Mothers Day
17

collage 18 20

Kindergarten Rocks... oh that beloved year...
collage 2 3

Anna turns ten
collage 1

collage 3

3

23

invi 4

1

Fathers Day
9

collage 12

Last Day of School
13

collage 6

collage 10

Fourth of July
14

 A trip to Boston
1

8

4

16

32

This magical trip
1

collage 1

16

collage 36

28

29

collage 38

collage 24

33

Celebrating nine years with Anna in our forever family
1

4

13

Saying goodbye to summer.. getting ready for first and fifth grade
2

4

3

The first day of school
4

The last year ever they'll be in the same school
10

2

Apple Picking
3

4

collage 11

Our fall weekend in Maine
10

12

8

21

Learning how to date
13

Irish Step Feis
collage 6 7

2

Halloween
3

6

collage 17

20 blur

8

collage 13 14

collage 8

2

7

Thanksgiving
4

collage 5

Christmas Weekend Getaway

9 collage

22

29 collage

And Christmas
1 collage

Mass
3 collage

Christmas Morning
43 collage

Christmas Party
3 collage

North Pole Party
31

77

Christmas Card Photoshoot Silliness

1

blog sized Abigail close up playing with bow in hair IMG_9699


blog sized Anna leaning against wall vertical IMG_9763-Edit

IMG_9592

IMG_9825

I have so much to look forward to! Welcome 41!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday, you young thing!
    I so enjoyed this!
    I hope ...and know...it was beautiful...
    Happy Belated Special Day, my dear sweet friend. : )
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!!! I am so glad to have found your blog just recently and LOVED this recap of your year, so many beautiful family moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Tara! 40 was a beautiful year for you…I can't wait to read about what beauty you create this coming year!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Tara! May your new year be filled with abundant blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to ask you if you know the blogger Kelly Hampton from Enjoying the Small Things? You two are IDENTICAL bloggers in form - even in photography. I've never seen anything like it. If you haven't seen her, check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Tara! I love this post. I always find it fun to look back on the past year when one of my children have a birthday but not for myself.

    I have to tell you my husband and I are trying to date again thank to your idea. In December to went out and then just today we went to lunch. I am going to work on something for his birthday in June similar to what you did. I may need to talk with you when it gets closer.

    ReplyDelete