Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Night Before Fourth Grade

Dear Anna,

You start school tomorrow and I feel sad, and jittery, and all nervous at once. For you, yes, and for me. You see, I've been through it before and I know the ache. From the moment your line begins to walk in the front door to that awesome school I miss you. It's like a hole in me that won't go away until we're back together again.

Of course I know that you're old enough now to know how wonderful school is. Tonight, right before bedtime you were eating chocolate cake and told daddy and I, "I'm this nervous (holding up just a pinch of air in between your fingers) and THIS excited." (with arms wide open) Ohhh, that made me happy!

You are my darling daughter and I'm so very proud of you. I know that this first day is oh so hard for you; transitions have always been since you came home from China. I'll be watching the clock all day today. I'll be the first mommy parked at dismissal time, and my face will light up when I see yours walking out of that school door.

I love you, I adore you, I'll see you after school sweet girl.

anna 1

2 comments:

  1. this is the sweetest letter ever!!:) i love the "this excited" comment too. when they love shcool half the battle is won don't you think:)
    good luck today mama...i'll be thinking of you.:)
    have a happy day

    PS
    totally cute outfit too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Tara! I will be thinking of you today... And I am always one of the very first mothers in the pick up line! I love to see my little Rhett walking out and finding me! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete