Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love Notes

I believe that it does our family good to focus on the positive.  With life swirling fast around us and the clock not stopping so that I can soak in my girls as much as I'd like to I decided that this February we needed some extra love!  And handwritten notes are oh so lovely. 

When Scott and I were in college there were no cell phones, no phones in dorm rooms and email did not exist... wow!!! So when I wanted to hear from him I had to call him from a PAY PHONE in the hallway.  I can remember trying to keep our conversations private and crying when I had to hang up.  (since I didn't know when I'd be able to talk to him again)  I do believe that had we been able to instantly text each other all of the time we would have missed out.  So we WROTE letters.  Almost every day, at least once a week for 2 1/2 years!  And I have every single one of those letters.  One of these days I've got to take them out and read them again. (I know that we fell in love in those letters)   Anyway, I love handwritten love letters,  ohhh, ahhh....

We started on February 1st.  Each of us before bedtime sits down to write a love note to everyone in the family.  Those notes then go into that persons mailbox.  And it's delightful.  Anna loves it so much she wrote a petition for everyone to sign saying that this would be another family tradition. 

boxes

abigail writing

abigial note


This first night we kicked it off with a Valentines day cake.  It was kind of fun to "celebrate" Valentines Day early instead of it coming and going so quickly. 

cake decorated

One of these days I'll have to post my recipe for the best frosting on the planet. Any excuse to bake I'll take!

cake

And we've done it... every night so far. 

Thank you Cindy for this idea.  I saw it on your blog last year and tucked the idea away....  so sweet! 

When it's finally February 14th our mailboxes will be bursting with love notes.  I'll have to show you some of my favorites when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment