Monday, September 19, 2011

Marry Me

This Saturday, September 17th was a little anniversary for Scott and I.  We don't celebrate it but I always remember the day he asked me to marry him.  It was September 17, 1994.  Seventeen years ago. 

We went for a hike, something we loved doing.  And at the top of an overlook I looked over at him and he was on one knee with a ring (that I still adore) in his hand. 

I'll spare you the boring details of that day but I just wanted to remember it here. 

We recently visited the park.  And although we didn't hike to the top it was beautiful to sit together and look up.  So much has changed for us in those seventeen years.  My life is so much more wonderful than I could have imagined back that day.  One thing I know for sure is that my "yes" seventeen years ago was the greatest decision I could ever make. 

I didn't know this song, "Marry Me" back then of course  (Michael W Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman were our favorites, and still are)  but I sure do love this song.

meriden

1 comment:

  1. is this in Meriden?? Dave and I used to hike here ( it think ) when we were dating :)

    ReplyDelete