Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Sweet Dreams

When I was a little girl and my grandparents gave me a bit of money for my birthday each year my Mom taught me to put it in the bank and save it for my 'someday' bedroom set. She made it sound so dreamy that I would grow up, fall in love, and pick out the furniture that would be in our bedroom forever. Well, I grew up... when we were married, almost 24 years ago, Scott was 22 and I was 23. I had saved since I was a little girl 'all of my birthday money' and this bedroom set was our very first big purchase. I brought my Mom of course to help us. Being so young how did I know I would love it in 8 years, in 14 years, in now almost 24 years? I knew back then that classic things pass the test of time. That home decorating fads come and go, but that dark cherry wood would always be 'in style'. Beautiful one day, perfect the next.

1

bedroom 1

Good night, sweet friends. ✨ From my bedtime nightstand to yours...love is always the answer. With any questions or crossroads, fears or troubles. God always is love. Hence, take your troubles to the love question, and the answer is always love. It may not be obvious, but is clear in His teachings and His legacy. Just love. ❤ My prayer to all of you tonight with troubles that seem unbearable. Must. Just. Love. Blessings and sweet dreams ✨

bedroom 2

Things I love on my night stand: 

💛My childhood Bible that my parents gave me on the occasion of my First Communion
💛The antique lamp that was in my Grandparents bedroom
💛A tiny picture of Scott from our high school days
💛Two framed pictures from the moment Anna was placed in our arms and the moment Abigail was placed in my arms 
💛Serenity Doterra oil - one drop and off to sleep
💛lip balm 
💛My Pocket Devotions to the Sacred Heart 
💛My wedding bouquet dried and framed above 



No comments:

Post a Comment