Thursday, July 23, 2020

Simple Summer Days

Right now we would be usually putting the final touches on a big trip - a big adventure for our family. You know the few days before you travel when there is a mountain of to dos but it feels like you're floating on a cloud of happy anticipation? That would normally be us right now - we always travel the last week of July.

But I don't feel bad because we've got those memories - so so many of them. And we have next year, right?

The days we do have are very simple. And there are so many things I love about this summer.

💖I love reading after lunch
💖I love our girls friendship Bible study we are doing together
💖I love hearing the viola as they practice
💖I love extra quiet time in the morning - it fills my soul
💖I love the sound of the garage which means that Scott is home
💖I love the busy dinner prep kitchen
💖I love games with Abigail in the evening
💖I love talking at night
💖I love watering the flowers
💖I love listening to a podcast
💖I love cleaning and decorating
💖I love being with, teaching, encouraging, spending all my time with my girls

Yes, simple days are lovely. I miss adventure of a trip for sure - but it just means that next year will be that much more wonderful wherever we end up.

anna

No comments:

Post a Comment