Friday, July 17, 2020

All in a Choosing

I've been thinking about an email that we got this week regarding returning to school amid Covid19. There is so much work to do and everything must go. Every book, every bookcase, every small group table. A blank room so that the 23 desks can be as far apart as possible. It's the kind of email that is so stressful, so questioning, so many emotions. Scott and I will be going in on the weekend to start working. Amid the stress of trying to get my mind around all of it there is also sadness for what is being packed away, what won't be happening, and of course the unknown.

I shared my feelings with my girls when we were having our lunch today and Anna ran upstairs to get her Bible notebook. She felt led today to write down a verse that spoke to her heart.

Romans 11:36

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. {For all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him}. To Him be glory forever! Amen.


She explained that she wanted to be mindful of doing everything for God. And that it is in the M O M E N T that we loose sight of why we are doing something that we are really alone.

We choose to be alone when we choose to see each situation without God.

We choose to be alone when we choose to work at things without God.

We choose to be alone when we choose to forget why God has us in a situation and what He can bring to His glory through the situation.

We choose to be alone when we choose to get all wrapped up in what we have to do and not what God has for us to do.

Anna's wisdom touched my heart.

Abigail added in such childlike wonder:  If we are choosing not to do all things through Him and in Him then we are ultimately choosing to do things with the enemy.

John 10:10

The thief only comes to kill, steal, and destroy; I have come that they might have life and have it to the full. 

The thief comes to kill, steal, and destroy our moments.

I want to do each moment in the life God has for me and in Him peace.

And I am so grateful for my Spirit filled daughters for sharing their love for Him.






No comments:

Post a Comment