Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Own Your Style

I wonder sometimes if I ever knew almost twenty years ago just how special this place would be - just how many talks - just how many tears - just how much laughter - just how many songs and dances - from babies to toddlers to teens - from newly married to now. I love our home and I really love our kitchen.

kitchen 1

It took me a while to find a style that I loved - but really easy, actually. I follow what is in my heart. I love vintage. I love baking. I love lots and lots of white so that all of my vintage can be the color. I love antiques and New England type/classic furniture. I love decorating with old books - classics. I love vintage tablecloths and sweet, homey vingettes. I love milk glass. I love pastels (especially pink). I love the huge trees at our house. I love teacups and built in china cabinets in my old, sweet house.

kitchen 2

"Never, and I mean never, allow anyone else's ideas decide who you can or can't become sully your dreams or pollute your imagination.
This is your territory, and a Keep Out sign is a great thing to erect at all entrances to your imagination."
Wayne Dyer

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is so bright and cheery. The colors in it right now just scream Summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love your kitchen! And your baking corner is just perfect! it took me several years to find my style. I even tried out a few new styles but in the end I came back to the style of decorating have always loved.

    ReplyDelete