Thursday, April 20, 2017

Such an Easy Dessert for Springtime

I thought it might be too late to post a recipe about Easter.  But then I thought that this could be anytime in the spring.  Right?

food 1

This one is so so easy!  

Every Easter I make a really complicated but so wonderful carrot cake.  It's a must on Easter to bring to my brother and sister in laws house.  

But then I also like to bring a few kid friendly desserts.  Because the word "carrot" in carrot cake scares some kids I think.  

"Crispy Eggs" just don't scare anyone.  

And they are super fun to make with your kids.  No baking involved.  

Just like rice crispy treats but eggs.  

I have no pictures of actually making these with my girls because my hands were too sticky!  Fun times!!! 

1.  Melt 1/2 stick butter 
2.  Add in one bag of mini marshmallows
3.  Stir until melted
4.  Remove from heat and stir carefully 6 cups of crispy rice cereal
5.  Spray the inside of both halves of a plastic Easter egg with cooking spray.  
6.  Fill the top and bottom of the little plastic Easter egg with the cereal mixture
6.  Squeeze the top and bottom together (close the egg)  It should be tight and tricky to  close 
7.  Open it right after and you'll have a perfect egg shape
8.  We dipped ours in Easter colored sugar to make them pretty.

food 2

No comments:

Post a Comment