Friday, December 23, 2016

Holiday House Tour ~ My heart is so full

This is home. And my heart skips a beat when it's covered in snow on Christmas.

5

Beccause snow changes everything.

6

7

Yup! That's me in the door reflection... happy as can be in my pink parka.

8

Do you want to hear the story of this mailbox?

When it was time to replace our mailbox (that was attached to the house like all normal families) Scott said to me, "so what kind of mailbox were you thinking about?"

"well," I said, "it has to be romantic."

I think he rolled his eyes. Because romantic is how I want everything to be. Like my new stove, it's romantic. Like Dean Martin at Christmastime. That's romantic too. And my mailbox. It's romantic. He did it, that Scott. Found me a romantic mailbox. She's especially pretty with snow on top of her and bursting with Christmas cards inside her.

9

25

And this? Well this is pretty much my dream. Cooking dinner and this darlingness lands on my Grandpa's bird feeder. {thank you Grandpa}

10

1

2

4

Sleigh bells on the guest coat closet door

1 blog

A little hutch filled with things that make me hap hap happy.

2

And a table with books that make me smile.

3

1

Three purple and one pink, that makes me happy too.

2

Books on the stairs going up the bedrooms ... so much fun for Abigail to pick a book for me to read to her at bedtime.

4 blog

and a garland of Christmas Card pasts

5

6

This is at the top of the stairs. A mouse house Christmas.

7

8

9

Along with the girls advent calendars

10

11

Our bedroom as a few little trees

1

filled with handmade ornaments from our girls when they were wee little

4

5

I change the photos on my dresser a few times a year.

2

3

This time of year the girls have flannel Christmas sheets they love.

6

7

They each have a Christmas bin in their closets. I let me 'decorate' their room each year.

8

9

10

11

Abigial's merry~go~round plays Christmas songs. So sweet.

12

This last week of school all of her Christmas dresses were lined up and ready to wear each day.

13

19

20

21

22

23

From the playroom up to the main floor books and reindeer.

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

Yes, pretty much every little corner around here is Christmas. I love it so...

15

16

17





2 comments:

  1. And so do I...
    Tara, it's magical.
    And cozy.
    And festive.
    And soooo Tara.
    I simply love it....
    Enjoy every magical second, my friend!
    Christmas love to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love in your HOME, Tara! Thank you for the tour.
    Merry Christmas to you and your sweet little family <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete