Monday, November 2, 2015

There's Something About A Costume


(through the looking glass...)
1 anna

You know,

1

2 anna

there's something about putting on a costume that does something to little girls.

2

Tulle and curls flying in the middle of spin.

3

Sure, there's dress up all the time at home. But heals and tights and her favorite story book in her hands.

3anna

4 anna

We have two big wicker baskets in the playroom and they have more in their own rooms.  But they giggle with that lipstick and matching nail polish.

4

It took her an hour to choose these shoes at the store.  I thought we might just be leaving without shoes.  She couldn't find anything that was just right.  But when she saw these she said, "oh those mama.  Those are just what I was looking for."

5

 Halloween is magic in that way and the costume that they began to think about on the first day of school is finally on them.

5anna

6 collage

I love how it makes them feel.

6

7 collage

This year Anna chose to be Alice in Wonderland.  It is her all time favorite book and she is still enchanted with the movie.

7

8 collage

Abigail was a beautiful flower princess. (Quick, I thought.  Snap this one.  She has that look on her face that reminds you of when she was three.)

8

Oh my heavens there's something about a costume.

9

For those of you that are praying with me for a healing for Abigail's face, please know that she still needs your prayers.  (that's another post for another day)  I did a lot of 'magic' with photoshop.  I really wanted her to look back and see the photos of her in costume looking the way she felt.

10

9anna

Yes, there is just something about a costume.

10anna

11

11anna

12

Blowing you a kiss from the last day of October in Connecticut

1 comment:

  1. Magical.
    That is my word for you.
    And for the childhood you and Scott are creating for your girls.
    Magical.
    And lucky me...I get to be part of it. : )

    ReplyDelete