Thursday, November 12, 2015

I Feel Like Dancing

When she wakes up in the morning with pain she moans and has a hard time fighting the 'just another day with EoE' I have to distract her. Although chronic pain is constant, Abigail is a fun, happy, little girl.  The trick I've learned over the years is to get her mind on things that will perk her spirits up a bit.

There is a time to hold her and listen to her say things like "It's not fair."  "I wish this would go away."  "It hurts so bad" but most of the time I need to teach her HOW to MANAGE her disease (and her pain).  And pity parties will never ever work.

I keep the mornings up beat and light.  And with Abigail, music always helps.  Some mornings like this one I was struggling myself; frustrated with her pain.  Having my own little pity party. (I know, awful) Thinking thoughts myself like "I can't do this."  "I just want her to feel normal" "How am I ever going to get her to school." "I'm so tired of this"  Thoughts like that are NEVER good.  I've learned to quickly (as quick as I can) shut down those thoughts that do no good.  I need to not only teach her to how change her thoughts but how to change mine right along with her.

So now on purpose I think "thank you Lord for the gift of this daughter."  "Thank you for EoE and what it's taught our family."  "Thank you for trusting Scott and I with this" "Thank you for the wisdom and strength we need" "Thank you for this day."  "This is the day YOU have made.  I WILL rejoice and be glad in it."  And all of a sudden I feel better.

Music helps to distract her too.  This is her song this week.  I crank it!

3

And she rocks it out.

2

1

And then we're better. Cuz we're dancing.

Now hurry up!  Get your socks on, shoes on, grab your lunch box... we gotta get to school!

2 comments:

  1. "Thoughts like that are never good!" You are speaking to me, my friend.
    Why is it that every time I feel I should be comforting you and helping you, I always am inspired by and comforted by you instead?
    Your baby is a true gift, Tara.
    And I am blessed to know her. And her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little girl...💗
    I find I am often having potty parties for myself and at times it is SO hard to pull myself out but we must.
    Have a good day my friend. Miss "chatting" with you!

    ReplyDelete