Friday, August 2, 2013

Faith Filled Friday ~ Bible Time

I don't always get it right, but like all of you I try.  My time with God, my prayer time in the morning is not just an important part of my life, it is part of who I am. 

I learned this long ago.  Perhaps it was when I was 19 and on a bus to Denver for World Youth Day with Pope John Paul.  Perhaps it was all of those college years. (and I'm not talking partying like the rest of the world)  I spent my college years falling in love with my Catholic Church and my faith life.  With the example and guidance of Father Bob (my college priest) and my parents gentle Catholic upbringing I knew that I needed each day time with God. 

So for years I've carved out a bit of time in the morning; every morning.  Now before you think that prayer time every single morning is amazing, I'll be the first to tell you it's not.  I spend many more minutes per day right her at this computer editing pictures of my girls, writing blog posts, and just being online here and there.  Don't get me wrong, I love that I blog and all of these memories that are recorded here on these "pages" over the past three years I've done this are not lost.  I do think that memory keeping is important.  But some days I say to myself, "get real, Tara, 16 minutes with God, and 36 with pictures and posts." 

Anyway... it's usually right here at a rose painted cherry desk I bought when I was engaged.  It's snuggled in the corner of our living room under a painting of Anna on her First Holy Communion.  In the drawer is her roses and babies breath crown she wore that day dried now of course, but still so special.

4

I sit here with this devotional, the best and favorite I've ever had.  It draws me in, focuses me, makes me feel relaxed, and before I know it, I'm in His Presence.  It's a lovely 16 minutes. 

3

I look up the corresponding verses in the Bible.

5

And sometimes I use these extra Bible helping tools right here in this handy dandy basket. 

2

I write in a cheap notebook with my pencil.  I like to record the verses that stood out to me or what I think that God is saying to my heart that morning. 

And all of that ends when I hear the pitter patter of little Abigail feet coming down the stairs. 

And today (just so I can remember) she was crying so much her nightgown was wet with tears.  She could bearly tell me what was wrong.  After a lot of yummy cuddles I found out it was a bad dream of someone making fun of her at school...

Bring Me the sacrifice of your time:  a most precious commodity.  In this action-additcted world, few of My children take time to sit quietly in My Presence.  But for those who do, blessings flow like streams of loving water.  I, the One from whom all blessing flow, am also blessed by our time together.  This is a deep mystery; do not try to fathom it.  Instead, glorify Me by delighting in Me.  Enjoy Me now and forever! 
 
Psalm 21: 6 ; John 7:38 ; Psalm 103:11 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Tara...the thought, the place, the intention...all so beautiful and also inspiring.

    I want you to know how peaceful I always feel when I visit you here. Such love, beauty, and peace.

    Have a happy weekend, friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful desk! What an inviting spot to carve out time in our hectic lives to thank God for all His blessings and to ask Him for personal intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, a Dear Friend of mine was just telling me about this devotional...I'm looking forward to purchasing my own copy.

    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete