Wednesday, August 31, 2022

You're in the Right Place ~ part two

If you want to read part one, click HERE. Part one was one year ago. It was the first time Anna went away to college and it hurt.  

This time, well it wasn't as dramatic. 

And we knew we'd see Anna again.  (that first year we had no idea when we'd visit Anna or when she'd come home) And we really really knew she was in the right place. 

But still, it is hard to say goodbye. And I miss her at home and in our house desperately. 

But I am happy happy for her all at the same time. Boy, there sure are a lot of emotions all tied up together in parenting. 

On to that move in day for her sophomore year. 

Anna left us letters (just like last year) at night on our nightstands. I couldn't open in at night because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop crying - so I waited until we got home from drop off (yes, still cried) 

I thought they looked so pretty in the morning. Anna has always been so thoughtful and able to express her thoughts and love. She is a particularly gifted writer (her minor in college) and these were beyond lovely - treasures forever. 



We wanted to leave by 9 AM on the dot and did it. We loaded up the car the night before and just had a few last minute things to put in that morning. Scott is the ultimate packer (even with a cast on - another post about that sometime) 



All set to go! 


Me: beaming with excitement
Anna: much for calm than last year


It amazes me just how quickly college girls can go from a room like this: 


Their new room is huge, huge, huge (for a dorm room). It has 3 full walk in closets, the most adorable bathroom (yes, they have their own bathroom right in the room), and lots of extra space! Oh my goodness! And it's air conditioned! That is huge! There are two big picture windows that overlook a path and pretty trees. I love it so much! 

But yes, it's really plain (of course) when you first walk in. 

They go from this... 


... to this in a few hours. (and this wasn't even close to done) But they moved their desks to face the beds and it made a much more cozy look. 

Her roommate is darling and they're a great match! I am so happy for Anna! And I can't wait to see how it looks in a few weeks when I can see it again and they've moved in more. Anna keeps sending me adorable little videos of "room updates". I love them so much. 


After a lot of time in the room we took Anna out to lunch. Her roommate was with her family and they planned to go see family friends nearby. We had so much fun at lunch! 



After that it was our plan to attend Mass. It was a lovely, quiet, intimate Mass in the lower chapel of her church. (I talked more about how the homily intertwined with our family theme back HERE




And then it was time for goodbyes. Sad, hard, but happy too. There were no tears this time. 






And then we waited as she walked away toward her dorm room... with a cute little wave. 


I took a few pictures of that beautiful campus on the way back to the car. Just love that scene so much. 


And just like that, her sophomore year began. 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment