Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Anchor

This last full week of August has me {all four of us} in between. 

In between summer and school. 

In between relaxing and doing fun things with my girls and planning math, reading, science, etc. 

In between long stretches of time to do learn new things (click HERE for a post on what I'm talking about) and making to do lists to have my classroom up and running. 

In between reading seasonal cookbooks and planning special recipes in our week and writing out what we need to buy for our 'regular week' food. 

In between not even knowing what time it is in the evening as we talk talk talk and looking at the clock to get to bed. 

and on and on. 

I love summer. 

I love teaching. 

I just don't like when it mushes together. I know that this last week of summer is so fleeting and I am trying to soak it up at home and with my girls, but for sure this last week is also my mind flying in a million directions --

  • Oh gosh I need to go with Anna to Whole Foods to get snacks and emergency food for college life
  • We still need to pick up a brick of waters at BJs for college
  • Should I order 5x7 canvases for that bulletin board in my classroom or drive over to Michaels to see if they have 21? 
  • I really do need to figure out how Abigail can see her friends again before the school year starts
  • Anna needs a shower curtain for her bathroom in college - maybe I can run into Target when I go into my classroom later this afternoon
  • What does Abigail need for her first day? 
And on top of it all is my 6:00 AM get up time in the summer turns into 5:10 AM in just a few more days. Sigh... I know being tired is coming. 
I'm not complaining. Not one bit. Summer was long, long, long. And we had so much time at home, so much time adventuring, so much! And teaching, routine... all of that will be good. And maybe, just maybe when I get Anna 'tucked into; her dorm room, Abigail's sophomore schedule all set and her ready for her first day, and I can look at room 124 at my school and feel 'all set', then my mind can relax... until then it's go go go. 




One thing I've written about so many times on this blog is how to set my day up for success -- how to get my mind going in the right direction -- how to even make that swirling stop. My daily more prayer, Bible reading, journaling time. I can't live without it. {and my rosary time in the evening} 

This week I was reading and pondering Psalm 44:5, 6, 21
Through you shall we push down our enemies; through your name shall we tread them under who rise up against us. 
For I will not trust in and lean on my bow, neither shall my sword save me. 
He knows the secret of the heart. 

I love that. Whatever our 'enemies' are (stress, worry, anxiety, too much swirling), it is not me trying trying trying with all my might to push those thoughts/worry/anxiety away. I do not trust in and lean on my bow; neither shall my sword save me. 
It is through God that I push down my enemies. Through your name shall we tread them under who rise up against us. 

Such a great reminder to me this morning. And on we gooooooo {this time with peace in my heart and joy in my spirit} 



No comments:

Post a Comment