Monday, August 8, 2022

Sea to Sky Highway

Our last full day of this vacation -- this trip was actually delightful (even though there was a lot of driving) The drives we did from Whistler on the Sea to Sky Highway - to North Arm Farm - back on the Sea to Sky Highway - past Whistler, and heading toward the city of Vancouver. The drives themselves were 'destinations' and although by now I was tired and ready for the blessing of ordinary days at home I constantly had my head out the window wanting to capture all that I could. 

By this time I had my 'big camera' and all of the lenses tucked inside my carry on - too packed up to pull out, so these last photos, some of which I like the best were taken with my phone. 

Oh my gosh, I forgot that even though we had to check out Abigail and I scooted up early in the morning before anyone and went for a swim in the pool. After Scott's workout he captured a few pictures of us so we could remember. 


The way the sun was hitting the glass doors and the trees was oh so pretty. We spent a good loooong time there! Loved how it was an indoor - swim to outdoor pool! 


We got all packed up and checked out of the Westin (boy, we loved it!) 



I already want to go back... 



We drove here: 




What a grand backdrop to a farm. Click HERE to see better pictures than I even attempted to take. We had a delicious lunch and then headed back toward the city of Vancouver. These were the views out our window: 



Love that Abigail is always willing to jump out and take a picture with me! 


And just like that we were back home after a day of travel - airports and such. 
After all of these posts (and there is one more coming just as soon as the photographer finishes our photos) you'd think I could sum up this grand trip in a few words. 
I can't. 
I am just simply grateful for our life, for adventure, for God and the beauty he created, for being able to see one more small corner of the world.
And yet as still as I would start planning another trip all over again it was good to be home. It is the ordinary days, the at home days the the magic really happens. 
These are the days I'll remember. 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment