Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Whistler, BC - a Sunrise and More

I booked a photo session for our family this summer in Whistler. 
I love my camera and all of the lenses. 
I've loved being my girls 'professional photographer'. 
I've done all of the important events and even Anna's senior photos. 
I even bring my 'big' camera and lenses on vacations but I wanted our whole family captured, and I found the best photographer in my search. 

She spent a lot of time with us before through email and on the phone. 
Usually I learn a LOT about a place we are visiting from the photographer -- there are places we never would have seen and tips we never would have known about with their insight. 
This was no exception. 

I learned from Justa that the parks in Whistler, BC fill up as early as mid morning and they are like that until after dusk. No longer is she able to do that 'golden hour' evening photoshoot. 
So instead she recommended we do a SUNRISE photo session. 

We met her at Rainbow Park at 6:15 AM as she has clocked the sunrise to be at 6:34 and the magical AM 'golden' moments only lasting about 3 minutes. Click HERE to check out this park. 

Yup! 3 minutes! 

With two teenagers. 

What surprised me was that they were totally into it. 

I got up at 5 am (same as a school day during the year but travel had really gotten me feeling tired, all of us so it was hard) and woke the girls up at 5:30. 

Breakfast, showers, hair, make up, dressed up and into the rental car by 5:50 AM ... we did it! 

It was so worth it! 

Of course I didn't bring my big camera and I took these well after those sunrise moments but I just wanted to enjoy that park because we loved it so much.

After the photo session was done (about an hour or so) we went for a long walk and were so glad we got up to see a part of Whistler so early. 







While we were up so early we drove to another park (had to maximize our up early time with no crowds) called Green Lake. Click HERE to read more about it. 

Tiny little beach - surrounded by vast, tree filled and snow caped mountains... all out ourselves! 










Later that afternoon (after recovering from out dawn session) we headed out for lunch and to sign up for ziplining. 



This is the back entrance to our hotel (so we can remember walking into the village) 


This is what Whistler Village looks like. So Much Fun! Click HERE to check it out. 



I was 'on the fence' should I/shouldn't I do the ziplining?! 
I've been ziplining before and loved it so much. 
But this was different. 
This is the fastest, longest zip lining in the US and Canada. 
Not quite what I was used to. 
So just Scott and Abigail got all signed up for that afternoon. 
(Anna had foot/toe minor surgery before we left home and couldn't - although I don't think she would have :) ) 

Click HERE to check out the zip lining. 

It was four hours of zip lining. 

After the first run, Scott texted me, "I think you made the right decision" Phew! 








They rented a go pro camera and captured these cool videos.

 








Four hours later: 

They were so happy when Anna and I walked to pick them up. 


After we went into the village  ice cream and candy apples! 



Anna and I had such a fun day together while they were on the zip line! We went out to dinner and just hung out together! So fun being with my girl. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment