Friday, August 30, 2019

1.5 Minutes Before

This is my team: Brian - Amy - and me

IMG_5964

They make teaching and being at school so much fun. And they are master teachers. The students in their classes are so lucky. Amy and Brian came along side me when I didn't know how to teacher 4th grade after 13 years home. They showed me the how and then gave the the grace to be myself - a picture book, reading teacher, uke playing, primary in my heart still teacher...

This was about a minute and a half before we walked out together to greet our class for the first time. I asked to take a selfie because I wanted to start the year together. I am grateful for all kinds of friends God has brought into my life over my years. Some unexpected. I love that we are all the same age, are all in 'about' the same stage of life, our kids are exactly the same age so we have so much in common. There is never a lack of something to talk about when we aren't planning together. Teacher friends are wonderful.



1 comment:

  1. This is so special and encouraging. I like to think my son has a team working together at his school.

    ReplyDelete