Monday, September 2, 2019

First Day of School 2019

I love to do a photo shoot the day before just to test run the outfits-shoes-etc. And also because I know we are all running too quickly on that first day morning to get any really good shots. Back here was the before photo shoot.

And here was the big day: Wednesday, August 28th 2019

1

It started out with a note from daddy as it has every year since kindergarten.

2

gosh -- mine was the best! And it's at school in a frame so I can read it every single day. And I forgot to take a picture of it. I love that husband of mine so much.

3

Anna was ready a few minutes ahead of time. We leave the house at 7:04 on the dot! One minute later and the whole morning is thrown off!

Anna is a junior in high school -- one of the best ranked in the country. She has a full load with several AP classes. She is ready for this all important junior year!

Anna wore a skirt she loved from Marshalls (even though I was happy to buy her one from Boden, our usual go to for the first day), her sweet top is from Boden, sandals from LLBean. 

4

Abigail was ready on time (not early) but still ready enough for a minute with the camera.

5

I come home from dropping off Anna (a mile away) and then Abigail and I leave at 7:39 on the dot!

6

She is in 7th grade and ready for this new grade - this new level. I talked (back here) about how she rocked the transition to middle school and how awesome 6th grade was for her. Middle school is the B E S T !!!!!

Abigail wore a gingham cherry dress with lots of blue from Boden, saltwater sandals, and a bow from

And then I handed her the camera because it was mama's first day of school too!

7

This is my third year teaching 4th grade. And yes, there are still butterflies that first morning -- always will be!

I wore a Lily Pulitzer dress from Poshmark and for the first time I didn't wear heals on the first day -- it was a MUCH better first day because of that!  My sandals (not pictured) were from naturalizer.

8

Gosh! I didn't get a picture of Scott until after we were all home that afternoon. Tired but happy!

us 1

This is Scott's second year as principal at the middle school in a town nearby. I talked more about that transition here and here.

us 2

It's going to be a fantastic year!!!




1 comment:

  1. Tara,
    I feel the excitement right through your words and photos!
    You are all beautiful and so ready for these new adventures!
    Have a blessed year, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete